21 July 2011 Seasonal Forecast Update02/08/2011 - by IRI/ Climate Centre
Please find herewith the seasonal forecast update, based on the most recent forecasts from IRI.
Areas to note with an enhanced risk of above-normal rainfall include:
- Southeast Asia, including parts of Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, and the Philippines.
- The Caribbean, including parts of Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, and Trinidad and Tobago.
- Central America, including parts of Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, Belize, and Guatemala.
- Pacific, including parts of the Galapagos, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia and Guam.
- South America, including parts of Guyana, Suriname, and Venezuela.
Areas to note with an enhanced risk of below-normal rainfall include:
- West Africa, including parts of: Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau, and Cote d’Ivoire.
- Central Asia, including parts of Mongolia.
- Pacific, including: Kiribati, Tuvalu, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Johnston Island, Hawaii, and Easter Islands.
Please contact the Climate Centre or email@example.com if you require further information.